Back to the Real World

Only a little over a day since I've been back in Alaska and I've come back to my senses. Dang, it's hard to believe that I got so swept up in that mess that I actually looked forward to those advisers carrying that coffee all the way from Arizona. I mean, it is pretty tasty coffee but I've never been a very fancy guy and I just kind of got used to having people serve me hand and foot. It's not my usual manner to care so much about things. I think part of it was that I spent so much time around Cindy, and she always has someone doing something to organize her stuff or her flowers or get her those skim decaf coffees that she drinks all day. I know I'm going to have to spend a lot of time with her when we move to Washington, it's just that I really don't know what to talk about with her. She's never fished or hunted, and I'm not a patron of the arts. I also haven't been to any of those countries where she goes to help all those harelipped kids. Maybe I can find some kids for Cindy to help here, and then we will have something to talk about.

One of the advisers was talking to Sarah and me and he kept saying something about a 'crisis of confidence' but I don't see any lack of confidence in Sarah. She just steamrolled through that debate this week and doesn't let up. She missed spending a lot of time with Trig and she's been enjoying that. It's good that we had Bristol around. She's going to make a great mother. She already acts very motherly with Trig, they just seem to have some kind of biological connection more than brother and sister. It's just amazing how those hormones must work.

I've concluded that I will just drink whatever coffee that they have at the Java Bear in Wasilla, I always though it was pretty good before and it's just easier than to trying to organize those advisers. I do look forward to when Cindy comes up here, because her assistant said that she was going to bring of those coffee machines with the steam nozzle. That will be nice but I can't forget my roots when I'm drinking those fancy things. It will ruin me for when I go to moose camp or next year when I'm hunting whitetails at Camp David.

Tight Lines and Straight Shots,
First Dude Todd


No comments: